This was one of my favorite podcasts to record because I actually had someone to talk to for once. As some of you may know, my first four podcasts have been me talking for 45 minutes so I thought it would be a nice change of pace to have a guest on and do a little interview.
I don’t think I could have picked a better first guest because just from interviewing Rez I learned a ton of new tips, strategies and information that’s going to make me a better driver. Rez brings a ton of customer service experience and I think what makes him so unique is that he has experience in a wide variety of industries.
I know a lot of people approach rideshare with the attitude: “How hard can it be?”. But I bet those are also the same people who think they’re getting 3 and 4 star ratings because of the passengers. It’s easy to blame the app or blame the passenger for low ratings but I have never approached life with that attitude. Rez is the exact same way. He is always looking for a solution, not someone to blame and I think that’s what I enjoyed about his class so much.
This podcast is a great introduction to his class and if you enjoy what you hear, I highly recommend that you contact him for more info about his online classes. And if you mention ‘Rideshare Guy’ you’ll get a $5 discount off the price of the class!
Summary of the Show:
- Follow us on Twitter or Like our Facebook Page
- Big social media push! Please share your favorite podcast or article online
- Podcast download stats
- A little bit about my honeymoon and past travels
Delivering The Extraordinary Experience With Rez LaBoy
A Little Background on Rez
- Rez has over 17 years in various customer service industries (Retail, Food & Beverage, Hospitality, Telecommunications, and Transportation)
- Currently works full time for AT&T and as a consultant for Marriott
- One of Uber Baltimore’s highest rated drivers with a 4.9 since October 2013 and maintains a perfect 5.0 rating in Uber Washington D.C since February 2014.
- R3Z Solutions focuses on providing drivers with Self-Discovery Coaches, who can help guide the driver to improve perceptive behaviors, which in turn will allow the driver to deliver the extraordinary experience.
- R3Z Solutions’ class covers the most basic perceptive behaviors such as how you would treat family during visitation and how to replicate those behaviors to passengers.
Delivering the Extraordinary Experience
- What is R3Z Solutions’ class about?
- The Extraordinary Experience Methodology
- How would you treat a family member?
- Fake it ’til you make it! Be a movie actor to maintain positive attitude at all times
- Earn your passengers’ business by properly demonstrating appreciation
- Short term vs long term gains
- Building your internal brand
How to take a class with Rez
- Online classes and in-person classes in the Baltimore area
- Visit their FB page: R3Z Solutions FB page
Rez’s Association With Uber
- Rez has been a Partner Driver with Uber since October of last year
- Rez primarily drives during party hours (Friday and Saturday night) but still maintains a 4.9 rating with Uber, which is typically a challenge for those hours as we know.
- Uber Baltimore reached out to Rez to uncover how he maintains such high ratings. He was able to provide tips and tricks of how to deliver the extraordinary experience.
- R3Z Solutions now offers 1 on 1 classes and developmental classes to any driver interested.
- Our first podcast interview
- Read Rez’s testimonials on his Facebook page
- Rideshare is getting tougher so you need to adapt
- How can you make yourself a better driver?
- Work Smarter, not harder
- Use every resource available to make yourself a better driver.
- Subscribe to our e-mail list!
- Please leave a review on iTunes or Stitcher if you enjoyed the podcast
- Honeymoon Trip Report on Your PF Pro
- Uber, Lyft and Sidecar Facebook Group
- R3Z Solutions FB page
- If you’d like to take a class with R3Z solutions, please e-mail rideshareguy.class[at]r3zsolutions.com
- “Success is not what you bring yourself, it’s what you bring for others.” Don Gerbrick – 2007
- “If you bring down with a negative attitude on a negative issue you’re going to have negative results. If you bring down with a positive attitude on a negative issue there is room for positive results. That’s just simple math.” Rez LaBoy – 2008
Thank You For Listening!
If you’d like to get Rideshare Guy Podcasts delivered straight to your phone or mobile device, you can subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. Alternatively, if you’d like to be notified via e-mail every time we publish a new article or podcast, please subscribe to the e-mail list here.
And if you really loved the podcast that much, I encourage you to go ahead and leave a review on iTunes. I make sure to read each and every one of the reviews so if you leave one please let me know so that I can personally thank you.
And lastly, if you have any questions, comments or concerns don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
How was our first podcast interview? Does ‘Delivering the Extraordinary Experience’ sound like a class you’d be interested in taking? What was your biggest takeaway from the interview?
PS – If you mention to Rez that you found his class on The Rideshare Guy Blog & Podcast I will receive a small commission and you will also get $5 off the price of the class for a limited time!
Mystro lets you drive for Uber and Lyft at the same time!Built by a driver with over 10,000 rides, Mystro allows you to drive for multiple apps simultaneously and filter requests without getting distracted. Become an Android Beta tester here by using this code: RSGB3171
-The Rideshare Guy
Latest posts by Harry Campbell (see all)
- RSG060: What Questions are Uber and Lyft Drivers Asking? - August 23, 2017
- Uber Launching Two New Features: Arrival Times and Long Trip Notifications! - August 22, 2017
- Are There Any REAL Differences Between Uber and Lyft in 2017? - August 14, 2017