Well, that was fast! After what was supposed to be a blockbuster tech trial, Uber and Waymo reached a surprise settlement yesterday. What does this all mean? Senior RSG contributor John Ince breaks it all down for us – and let us know what you think in the comments!
I get a lot of questions from drivers asking why drivers aren’t better organized to protest against low fares from Uber/Lyft. Today, senior RSG contributor John Ince highlights an article of drivers who are trying to help one another with forums and groups – but do you think drivers could really get organized nationwide? That article and more in this week’s round up.
Is fixing Uber going to be easy? Not quite – but it could be the key to future financial success. Also, are driverless cars really around the corner – or is it all PR hype? Senior RSG contributor John Ince covers these stories and more in this week’s round up.
Some overall pretty dark stuff in this week’s round up, including the story behind Travis’ ouster – it’s more juicy than you might have thought! In this round up, senior RSG contributor John Ince covers Travis’ exit from Uber, drivers shortchanged by Lyft, and Uber and Lyft hit with fines for not fully vetting drivers.
Also, we may have a winner for the worst case of upfront pricing from a reader submission! We’re confirming this reader submission but, if correct, Uber took 69% of the fare – leaving our driver with only 31% for his time and effort. You can read more about this practice here.
All kinds of interesting info in this week’s round up, including Uber’s secret tool for keeping law enforcement in the dark, a potential “air taxi” at CES, and a new settlement in New York. Today, senior RSG contributor John Ince covers Uber’s dark deeds, how Travis profits, and more in this round up.