Recently, I attended one of my favorite conferences: CoMotion LA. The conference brings together the top names in the public and private sides of transportation, and it’s a great conference to attend if you have the chance. Today, I’m talking to another conference-goer about our conference takeaways.
If you’d like to read a transcript of this podcast, please click here.
Want More Tips? Deliver With DoorDashDashers receive tips on 97% of their deliveries. DoorDash has a tip button and encourages customers to setup "automatic" tips. Become a dasher here.
Get started as a gig worker today! Learn more:
- Is driving for Doordash worth it?
- Postmates Driver Pay
- Instacart Shopper Pay
- Uber Eats Driver Review
- Best food delivery service to work for - Rideshare insurance
- Today I’ll be chatting with Tom Mourmouras, a digital ventures consultant and previous RSG guest
- Tom and I work together in consulting – helping people at all stages of company development, from the idea stage and beyond
- Main product right now is our survey – learn more about it at our consulting page
Intro to Tom Mourmouras
- Has been involved in the mobility and ridesharing space for 7 years now
- Part of the 3 person team at Lyft that introduced ridesharing to LA
- In 2017, founded his consulting company, Naxos Mobility
What is CoMotion LA?
- Opportunity for industry people and regular folks to mingle, find out how they can help each other
- Not an auto show!
- This conference is a slam dunk for various reasons, including programming, sponsors, attendees – and weather!
- Roughly 1200 people there at any one time – people arriving via scooters, Lyfts, Ubers, etc.
Best Panels and Presentations at CoMotion LA
- Seleta Reynolds, the Head of the LADOT – a panel on rideshare compliance
- LA Mayor Eric Garcetti announced a new initiative, Urban Movement Labs – headliner at CoMotion LA!
- Some interesting concepts discussed at the conference, too, including aerial mobility, data and privacy, etc.
Predictions for 2020 CoMotion LA?
- Cities getting smarter about regulation
- How cities will adopt and regulate this technology
- Micromobility – at this year’s conference, got to try out new scooters and technology
- Unagi scooter – it’s like a hopped up Dodge Viper with a lot of power, not a lot of weight
Interesting Companies from CoMotion LA
- REEF – cloud kitchen company
- Ultimate vision is to have several different brands operating out of one place – delivery takes place via ebike or scooter
- Smacircle – foldable scooters
- Only at the Model T of scooters right now – we can expect to see a lot of changes in form to future scooters
- Thanks to Tom for coming on the podcast! Also, thanks to all the listeners of this podcast who approached me at CoMotion LA, I appreciate it!
- Hope you got a lot out of this podcast – as you can tell, there is a lot going on
- If you are interested in the mobility field, highly encourage you to check out the CoMotion LA conference
- RSG088: Rideshare Consulting with Tom Mourmouras
- RSG105 How Uber Got Into Micromobility with Tortoise Founder Dmitry Shevelenko
- Tortoise Demostration on Twitter
- RSG106: Virtual Kitchens With Matt Newberg of HNGRY
- RSG Consulting: Rideshare and Mobility Solutions
- Naxos Mobility
- Tom Mourmouras on LinkedIn
- CoMotion LA