Today I’m excited to chat with today’s guest, Joseph Seal-Driver, about Havn, an all-electric chauffeur service based in London. Havn is really interesting in the companies it has partnered with, its location (London), employee dynamics, and more.
Intro to Joseph Seal-Driver
- Director of Sales for Blacklane
- Founder and Managing Director for Havn
- Briefly worked for Uber in London!
- Entrepreneur in Residence for InMotion Ventures
Difference Between Chauffeurs and Drivers
- Professional drivers
- All chauffeurs are operated through professional companies and are fully employed
- No individuals or mass market
- Customer profile: corporate, business travel
- Going after a different audience – higher end
- London is a competitive place
- There are some competitors in the space, but customers typically have their favorites
- London has more competition than the US
Future is Electric
- Rideshare future is electric
- The environment is a factor for customers
- Not the only factor, but one!
- Carbon neutral goal
The Future for EV Fleets
- Blacklane, chauffeur hailing on the East Coast of the US
- Havn, looking to expand fleet and grow
- Growing in London – only scratched the surface!
- Dispatching and managing fleets
- Thanks to Joseph for coming on the podcast!
- Companies are starting to realize that in order to reach environmental goals, there is opportunity in the EV space
- Rideshare naturally puts a lot of miles on cars! Huge opportunity here