Earn Free Gift Cards For Uploading ReceiptsFetch Rewards is an extremely popular cash back app that is growing like crazy right now and this app offers plenty of opportunities to earn cash back on everyday things you buy from ANY store. Sign up here or read our review.
Get started as a gig worker today! Learn more:
- Is driving for Doordash worth it?
- Postmates Driver Pay
- Instacart Shopper Pay
- Uber Eats Driver Review
- Best food delivery service to work for
- Rideshare insurance
Recently. I was on the Rideshare Rodeo podcast, hosted by my friend Steve. It was a wide-ranging interview and we covered everything from the future of rideshare to the driver shortage and more.
Why Drive for Rideshare?
- Harry began driving for extra money – had free time
- Discussion of earnings – strategies are key to earning more
- Steve started driving to have more time with his kids, ability to take time off, etc.
- Future of freelancing: more people are interested in this for the flexibility, earnings potential
- Understand that signing up for multiple apps is beneficial to you, as a driver
- Earnings can be higher, can work better with your schedule
- Uber’s take rate as gone down, according to Dara – highlights the difference between what drivers think and what Uber’s saying
- We don’t really know!
- Rideshare needs to do a lot more, especially to bring back long time drivers
- Have seen a lot of changes in pay (flat rate surge, for example) and it’s frustrating
- May actually be hard to get long time drivers back
- Brand new drivers haven’t seen these changes – don’t know how different it was
Rideshare vs Delivery
- Not a lot of cross over between rideshare and delivery
- Fewer requirements to be a delivery driver, even more flexibility
- Delivery companies have been very reliable
- More complicated, though – a lot more can go wrong with delivery
Future of Rideshare
- Earnings – huge part of the conversation (tips, too!)
- Smaller companies – opportunities for them?
- Harry will not be starting a rideshare company!
- Better communication is key!
- Thanks to Steve for having me on Rideshare Rodeo!
- RSG004: My Best Week of Rideshare Driving Ever!
- RSG175: Christopher Payne on Dashers, Market Share and Competition
- Washington Post: You may be paying more for Uber, but drivers aren’t getting their cut of the fare hike
- RSG140: Dara Khosrowshahi on Uber’s Third Way
- RSG111: Alison Griswold on Why Juno Failed
- How To Start A Rideshare Company [Updated for 2021]