I recently had the opportunity to attend the Micromobility America conference in San Francisco. In this episode, I’m doing a recap of the event with my friend Jonah Bliss, who also helped organize the conference. We’ll cover some conference highlights, the conference’s COVID protocols, new, interesting start-up companies, and more.
Listen to this episode on your phone here.
Intro to Jonah Bliss
- Early employee of mobility companies
- Curbivore co-founder
- Mobility consultant
- Friend of the pod!
Conferences Post 2019
- Some teams hadn’t even met each other
- No events for 18 mos – was nice to meet up finally
- Photos from the event – check out the ferry!
- Plenty of space to get around, outdoor activities
- Do a great job of booking people you actually want to hear from
Hot Topics at Micromobility
- Good, healthy number of new companies on the start-up side
- Intersection of cities + micromobility
- Encouraging people to use scooters to take more short trips
Conference in the Future
- 1-2 panels on disagreements – bring in people who disagree about certain topics
- Choose topics that do have multiple viewpoints
- Not set up to be combative, but to provide differing perspectives
Best Parts of the Conference
- Seeing people again!
- Camaraderie about a topic everyone felt excited about
- The ferry ride!
- Inspiration for the upcoming Curbivore conference!
- Big thanks to Jonah for coming on the podcast with me!
- Big thanks to the Micromobility team as well
- Well-organized and curated event