Requirements for Being a Lyft Driver
Let’s start with the requirements of the drivers themselves. Feel free to skip down the page if you want to read the vehicle/car requirements.
Lyft emphasizes the fact that most drivers are just ordinary people like you and I. That being said, Lyft also has safety standards and regulations to meet. So in reality Lyft is looking for any ordinary person who has a good driving record and is not or has not been a criminal. Here is a list of their requirements to become a driver:
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older
- Applicants must have had a valid driver’s license for at least 1 year
- Clean Driving Record
- Pass a criminal background check
- Be insured on the vehicle you intend to drive
This is Part 2 of 5 part series
Deactivated after a background check?Contact Francis & Mailman here!
- Getting Started With Lyft I: Getting Your Lyft Sign Up Bonus
- Getting Started With Lyft II: Lyft Vehicle Requirements And Driver Requirements
- Getting Started With Lyft III: Passing Your Mentor Session and Lyft Welcome Ride
- Getting Started With Lyft IV: Lyft Background Check and Preparing for Your First Ride
- Getting Started With Lyft V: Your First Week of Lyft Driving