If you’d like to read a transcript of this podcast, please click here.
Want More Tips? Deliver With DoorDashDashers receive tips on 97% of their deliveries. DoorDash has a tip button and encourages customers to setup "automatic" tips. Become a dasher here.
- Today I’ll be chatting with Matt Brezina of People Protected
- We’ll be talking about the curb issue, find out what protected bike lanes are, and more
- Shoutout to Micromobility Podcast – great podcast if you’re interested in learning more about scooters, bikes. Covers global issues and more.
Intro to Matt Brezina
- Matt Brezina has founded, ran, and exited two ventured-backed companies
- Has invested in 60 companies over the past 12 years
- Early to the micromobility revolution having backed two of the earliest companies, Jump and Spin
- Matt spends his time investing in companies at the intersection of the macro trends of urbanization and electric mobility, co-founder of People Protected
- Grassroots movement to get people aware of bike lanes
- Started People Protected after two women killed in SF while bike riding
- Politics is local – and visual. Goal is to draw attention and get laws changed
- “Green lanes”, “protected lanes” – better names for multi-modal lanes
Relationship with Uber and Lyft
- Started his second company next to Uber/Lyft (they started with around 5 people and so did Matt’s company)
- Uber and Lyft have done some amazing things – ability to get a car whenever you need with the click of a button
- But also a lot of risks – drivers who don’t know the roads very well, roads that are congested
- We’ve transformed how we use our city streets
- Governments are slow to adapt
- CurbFlow – repurposing the streets
- Redefine curb space in busy areas – drivers can be directed to open areas using CurbFlow
- Thanks to Matt for coming on the podcast! Learned a lot about bike lanes and the companies he works with.
- Make sure to follow Matt on Twitter if you want to learn more about People Protected
- Check out the Micromobility Podcast – it’s fascinating, great mobility content if you’re looking for more