Today’s episode is a replay of our conversation at Curbivore about the lightning fast delivery revolution. This conversation includes Emma Liem Beckett, David Lin, Marc Ziade, and is moderated by Matt Newberg – you can find links to their companies and publications in the show notes below!
Fast Delivery Depends on Vehicles
- Trikes, bikes, scooters
- Helps to get deliveries around faster
- Partnerships with companies in development
- What’s holding this up? Regulations!
Why Super Fast Delivery?
- People can’t always plan ahead for meals, grocery deliveries
- Rely on super fast delivery for meals, either restaurant or items for them to cook at home
- Many people use these services daily!
Is This Actually Beneficial for Restaurants?
- Yes – new market, brand awareness
- Delivery fees – companies are trying to cap these, work with businesses
- Vertical integration helps to lower costs, especially for the consumer
- Lower barrier to entry for some super fast delivery companies
- Fresh food delivery
- Temperature control – last mile delivery
Keys to Success for Fast Delivery
- Price, speed, selection
- Price is the most important for most shoppers
- To be super fast, proximity will be key
- Drives efficiency, which allows companies to have a lower cost structure
- Big thanks to all of our panelists!
- There will be monthly webinars like this, leading up to our in person event in LA!
- Make sure to visit Curbivore.co to learn more