In this episode, I’m talking to Rebecca Bellan, a reporter at TechCrunch, about her work and the conference TC Sessions: Mobility 2022. There are many mobility conferences happening this year, and I wanted to bring Rebecca on to highlight some of the sessions and trends she’s been seeing throughout her reporting. You won’t want to miss what she has to say about urban air mobility – take a listen!
Intro to Rebecca Bellan
- Covers transportation for TechCrunch
- Sustainable transit initiatives
- Interested in topics related to micromobility, autonomous vehicles, EVs and anything under ‘weird tech’
- TC Sessions: Mobility 2022 is a 3 day summit – May 18 – 20
TC Sessions: Mobility
- Business side of autonomous vehicles
- Robotaxi and ridehail side of AVs
- Most looking forward to: urban air mobility
- Electrification is crucial, but there are challenges
- Barriers – range anxiety, lack of infrastructure
- Companies are promising a lot, but supply chain is also still an issue!
- Can grid sustain this electrification?
New Zealand’s Approach to Mobility
- Not actually doing much better!
- Problem is economy of scale
- Car-based society
Urban Air Mobility
- Has received a lot of funding lately
- How will it work out?
- Can you integrate air mobility into the urban landscape?
TC Sessions – Mobility 2022
Use Code RIDESHAREGUY50 for 50% OFF on General Admission
@RebeccaBellan on Twitter