Insurance is an essential part of the rideshare industry, but it’s not always the most exciting topic. My opinion of insurance changed when I had the opportunity to chat with Douglas Ver Mulm of Stable Insurance. In this episode, I chat with Douglas about how Stable focuses on gig workers and rideshare/delivery drivers in particular.
Intro to Douglas Ver Mulm
- Finance background, self-trained coder
- Pre-Stable, worked as a lawyer, fleet owner
- Took first Uber ride in 2011
Technology in Insurance
- Dashboard telematics
- Dash cameras
- Tech that’s been around for the last 10 years!
Challenges of Insurance – How Stable Works
- People were adding dash cameras as theft protection, etc.
- Took a while for insurance companies to realize the value
- Managing General Agent – Insure-tech
- Dash-cam first company
- Illinois is the first market
- Provides you the coverage you need
- Optional insurance additions if drivers choose
- Ex. Better deductibles if drivers choose
What’s Next for Stable?
- June 22 launches in Illinois
- Expanding into other states
- Become a member of the Stable platform to track analytics, etc.