In this episode, I’m chatting with Sam Dogen of Financial Samurai. Sam’s been on the podcast before (check out the show notes!) and we’ll be chatting about his new book, Buy This, Not That: How to Spend Your Way to Wealth and Freedom. We’ll cover some financial advice for gig workers, Sam’s experience as an Uber driver, and you won’t want to miss what he has to say about a potential recession.
Intro to Sam Dogen
- Started the website/blog Financial Samurai in 2005
- Author of new best-selling book, Buy This, Not That: How to Spend Your Way to Wealth and Freedom
- Writes based on first-hand experience
- Early retirement, fake retirement, entrepreneurship are his passions
Buy This, Not That
- Book is designed to help readers make optimal decisions
- Think in probabilities vs absolutes – 70/30 decision-making framework
- Gig economy – overall probability is high that you will make money
- Book is for anyone who wants to grow wealth to have more freedom to do what they want
Uber Driving Experience
- Sam gave over 500 Uber rides to try it out
- Wanted to hear people’s stories
- Many writers only would do 1-2 rides and write a story about it, wanted to do more
- “Own your platform”
- The internet has revolutionized ways to earn money
- “Go ahead and get it!”
- Go on the offensive with your mindset
- “You deserve to be rich”
- Many people who don’t “deserve” to be rich, are
- So what’s holding you back?
- Probably already in a recession
- Welcome it with open arms
- Build better relationships with your bosses and employees
- The key is survival – the good times will come again
Burnt Out Talking To Passengers? Deliver Food With Uber Eats!
Discover a more flexible way to earn money when you want, around your studies, family, and other commitments. Choose your own hours and become your own boss. Deliver only when it suits you. Deliver with Uber Eats using your car, motorbike, scooter or bicycle.
Click here to sign up and get started today.
Get started as a gig worker today! Learn more:
- Is driving for Doordash worth it?
- Postmates Driver Pay
- Instacart Shopper Pay
- Uber Eats Driver Review
- Best food delivery service to work for
- Rideshare insurance
Connect with Sam via Twitter @financialsamura