In this episode, I chat with Steve Hornyak, BrightDrop’s Chief Commercial Officer. BrightDrop is a new company from General Motors and focuses on all-electric delivery systems. E-commerce and how packages get to customers’ homes – how can that be done smarter and faster? You won’t want to miss this episode about the behind-the-scenes of BrightDrop!
Intro to Steve Hornyak
- BrightDrop’s Chief Commercial Officer
- Develops company’s sales and marketing strategy
- Previously at Fabric, where he focused on improving logistics with automated micro-fulfillment centers
- Entire ecosystem model – similar approach to Apple
- Took a hypergrowth area not covered by parent company
- Plus electrification of vehicles
- BrightDrop Trace, Zevo 600, software, etc.
Partnership with GM
- Technology company
- Wholly own subsidiary of GM
- Builds the platform, parent company does what it does best
- “Venture capitalist” type of relationship
- Light cars – driving with a Zevo is a night and day experience – 250 mi range
- Like driving in a luxury vehicle vs driving a car from the 80s
- Less vibration
- Ergonomics focus
What’s Next for BrightDrop?
- Grocery – automation and microfulfillment
- Mobile smart stores
- FedEx – package movement
- Good for dense areas