Welcome to the first episode of The Rideshare Guy Podcast. I’m super excited to be working on this site and especially the podcast. I’ve spent a lot of time perfecting this first episode so I hope you guys enjoy it.
In this episode, we’ll talk all about passenger pick-up strategies and ways to maximize profitability, efficiency and more. At the end of the show, I’ll also share with you 5 awesome tips for getting the best passengers.
You can find a transcript of the show here and a big thanks to our awesome listener Carolyn for transcribing the podcast!
Summary of the Show:
- My first podcast for The Rideshare Guy
- Why I like podcasting so much
How does the passenger pick-up/request system work?
- The secret behind Lyft’s passenger pick-up algorithm
- Why do you get calls from passengers that are 20 minutes away when there are closer drivers?
- How to reset your passenger pick-up radius
- Future tweaks to passenger pick-up algorithm
- Is it better to move around or stay in one spot?
- How to find Hot Zones
- How to get passengers headed into hot zones
5 Awesome Tips for Getting the Best Passengers
- What’s the most surprising day to work?
- Should you worry about your acceptance rate?
- Are longer rides better than shorter rides?
- Can you drive in other cities/states?
- How to find rideshare friendly events
- Please leave a comment or question about the show
- I want to hear from you guys about ideas for future blog posts and podcasts
- Subscribe to our e-mail list!
- My personal finance blog: Your PF Pro
- My first podcast appearance on LandlordU Episode 7: Harry Campbell: Personal Finance Blogger and Landlord
- Stumble Forward Podcast Episode 10: Earning Multiple Streams of Income with Harry Campbell
- Planet Money Podcast
- Bill Simmons Podcast
- Audio Technica ATR 2100
- Garage Band
- Lyft support: [email protected]
- Lyft Pricing, Coverage Area and Hot Zones
- Lyft’s policy on driving in other coverage areas: Official policy says other cities are ok but not states. I have driven in other coverage areas in California and I was able to go into driver mode in Denver, CO but I did not wait to accept a ride since I didn’t have my car.
Thank You For Listening!
To get more Rideshare Guy content delivered straight to your phone, you can subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher.
Also, I would really appreciate if you’d leave a review on iTunes and help increase The Rideshareguy’s exposure. I make sure to read each and every one of the reviews, also if you’d like, please leave your e-mail or URL and I can contact you later and say thanks!
New Uber Drivers Get Guaranteed Earnings!Sign up with Uber now and get up to $1,000 in guaranteed earnings depending on your market! Sign up here using my referral code today and start driving today. Check with Uber for guaranteed earnings amounts by city.
And lastly, if you have any questions, comments or concerns don’t hesitate to reach out to me.