For my latest podcast, I wanted to do something a little bit different. The first few episodes were more informational in nature as they covered things like insurance and taxes but for this podcast I wanted to give you guys an idea of what it’s like to be out there on the road with me. And what better week to talk about than my best week of rideshare driving ever?
Now as some of you may know, I work full time during the week so I don’t always have a ton of time to drive. But when I do drive, I like to make the most of it by driving during the busiest hours of the day. I’ve talked before about how rideshare driving is the perfect second source of income since you get to cherry pick your hours and this was the perfect example of doing just that.
Now I know some of you probably drive more in one day than I do in the average week but rideshare driving is really just a hobby for me. And any hobby that is this enjoyable and pays this well for doing it, is something that you should hold onto in my book. I enjoy the flexibility, interactions and pay that come with driving for Lyft, Uber and Sidecar but I’m also always on the lookout for ways that I can improve.
This podcast will go into detail about what I’m doing out there on the road and I hope that it will also uncover some of my weaknesses. It’s up to you guys to let me know though what I can do better, so have a listen and let me know what you all think.
Summary of the Show:
- Follow us on Twitter if you’d like
- All the weddings I’ve been to this summer
- A first hand experience of my best week of rideshare ever
- Why I signed up for Uber
Thursday July 3
- How I use Sherpa and my own spreadsheets to track my driver analytics
- Why do I get so many more Uber rides than Lyft?
- Uber surge is awesome
- My longest ride ever
- My end of the night strategy
Friday July 4
- Uber guarantee of $35/hr
- 3.0x surge at 9 am on
- Leveraging Uber and Lyft as a passenger
- Avoiding traffic on busy days in order to maximize profit
- How much could I have made if I drove all day/night?
- Being up front with your passengers about where to drop them off
- All 5 star ratings despite every ride surging at 3.0x
Saturday July 5
- Walk of shame pick-ups = best day of the year to drive
- 5x surge at 7 am, 3x surge at 9 am.
- High surge, no traffic, lots of requests
- Does it make sense to end the ride early if you’re having a great day?
- $56 in 1 hour
- What’s the best approach for driving on busy days/holidays?
- If you’re not driving for Uber yet, why not?
- 21 rides, 10 hours, $420
- How to make yourself a better driver
- Subscribe to our e-mail list!
- Please leave a review on iTunes or Stitcher if you enjoyed the podcast
- My fare analysis spreadsheet
- How Much Did I Make Driving For Lyft & Uber on a Saturday Night in the OC/LA?
- Interview with Ryder Pearce from Sherpa
- RSG 003 Podcast: Every Rideshare Driver’s Tax Deduction Guide
Thank You For Listening!
If you’d like to get Rideshare Guy Podcasts delivered straight to your phone or mobile device, you can subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. Alternatively, if you’d like to be notified via e-mail every time we publish a new article or podcast, please subscribe to the e-mail list here.
And if you really loved the podcast that much, I encourage you to go ahead and leave a review on iTunes. I make sure to read each and every one of the reviews so if you leave one please let me know so that I can personally thank you.
And lastly, if you have any questions, comments or concerns don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
So what do you guys think about my best week of rideshare driving ever? If you were in my spot, would you have driven more, less or about the same? Will you be driving Labor Day?
Get 25% off tax prep with H&R BlockH&R Block clients get exceptional value and easy access to expert help throughout the tax preparation process. And now with the ability to upload your prior year’s tax return regardless of the preparer, switching to H&R Block has never been easier.
-The Rideshare Guy