If you’ve heard of geomining, you definitely know about Coin App. Launched in 2019, the app has more than a million users today, earning digital assets when doing everyday tasks, such as jogging, commuting, and traveling.
For people who might not be fully aware, geomining describes the practice of extracting geographical data in physical space and giving your location a value. Currently, geomining is done through the Coin app on the XYO network.
Below, you can read the Coin app review to learn all you need to know about the app’s features, subscription plans, and offerings.
What is Coin App?
The Coin app is an app for geomining that users can download from the Google or Apple Playstore. It works for every user that has a data connection, WiFi, or GPS. Since the app does not use a lot of your cell data, you can use it daily without capping the data limit.
The main reason people join the Coin app is the earnings it brings. Basically, you earn the in-app currency, called the Coin. Later, you can exchange these Coins with digital or physical things, such as digital currencies and Bluetooth speakers.
Or, you can exchange the coin for something else. Why does the app give you all these freebies for nothing? Well, they collect your location data and give you rewards in return.
Coin app has partnered with XYO foundation to prove the user’s existence in their claimed location. Owing to this, the app prevents location spoofing and prevents the Coin currency from falling into the wrong hands – people who fake their locations in order to earn more currency.
Moreover, XYO foundation’s technology ensures the easy and safe participation of all users on the app.
Coin App Features
Even though it was only launched a few years ago, the Coin app has developed immensely since then. Today, it has many features, in different categories, including Socialize, Achieve, Explore, and Power-Ups.
The in-app Explore features let you search for hidden regards to increase your overall earnings. Here are some of them:
Geomining is like geocaching, requiring the users to locate valuable digital things in a physical space. When using the app, you have to travel to novel tiles and find the rewards hidden under the ground.
You can then use these rewards to interact with other Coin app users or convert them into physical, real-world things. Here are some notable sub-features of Geomine:
- Big Geomines: Sometimes, users tend to find super treasures while exploring. In some cases, they can also validate the wins of fellow users.
- Geomining Recharge: Keep in mind that geomining takes time to recharge. You can level up by getting the Geomining Recharge rates.
- Speed: Additionally, you can increase the geomining speed by upscaling your plan too.
- Extension Devices: By using extension devices, you increase your authenticity on the app since some users cheat through hacking. Also, extension devices are a neat addition to your digital asset acquiring strategy.
With Geodrop, you can drop digital assets on a tile if you’re standing on it. Then, another user geomines on the same tile and collects the reward. The Coin app also lets you perform email-specific Geodrops, allowing only specific users to get these rewards.
If you’re driving or doing something that needs your full attention, you can turn the Auto Explore feature on to let the app automatically search for digital assets.
If you geomine in the same tile for three times, you can establish a Home Base. Once the icon appears on the screen, you can enjoy getting currency at your home base.
Users also get deals, coupons, and rewards when they go to popular stores. The simplest way to do this is by clicking the ‘plus’ menu in the app. Go to Rewarded Tasks and click on Store Visits.
After that, you simply have to follow the instructions on the screen to earn rewards by going to your nearest stores. Additionally, you can also get Coin by scanning products as per the in-app scavenger hunts.
Along with earning you currency for exploring, the app also lets you get digital assets and rewards by socializing. Here are the popular social features of the app.
Certain Coin regions earn you higher rewards than others due to their popularity. You can claim a region every week and enter the competition with other users on the app.
If you’ve gotten the hang of Coin, you can refer the app to someone else. Once you help some else get started, you get a reward from bringing a new user to the app.
While you can earn plenty of rewards alone, Coin also lets you work in teams to collect even more Coins. Users can create teams of seasoned Coin players and earn better rewards.
The leaderboard is a motivational tool to help you get right into the competition. The Coin app allows users to create their fun and interesting usernames, set a profile picture, and get to the top of the leaderboard.
The Achieve features on the Coin app are suitable for players who want to get physical redemptions for their efforts.
At the moment, the Coin app only allows users in the UK and the US to get sweepstakes by using the treasures.
Once you gather the currency in the app, you can exchange it for real-world items, such as games, gadgets, and shirts. The app developers claim that digital assets are fun, but they also want to offer physical redemption to make the app more attractive for all users.
Along with physical redemption, Coin app also offers digital rewards, such as souvenirs and collectibles. Users can later sell these assets or exchange them for physical rewards.
When you complete a new landmark in the app, you will earn badges that you can showcase on your user account.
HODL rewards work just like interest rates. The longer you keep your treasure in the account, the more their value will increase.
The Power-Up features on the Coin app are ideal for users who want to double or trip their rewards.
The Geoclaim shield lets other people use the app to get a percentage of your earned currency. By keeping a shield on your account, you can keep these users at bay to ensure the safety of your currency.
The Bonus power-up boosts the rewards you earn through Geoclaiming.
Since background rewards don’t remain for a long time, users can increase their background time and get rewards for much longer.
Background rewards are a great way to earn assets while you’re not active on the app. With the Recharge power-up feature, you can get these rewards even faster.
With Coin app’s extension devices, you can earn even more digital and physical assets. Here are the two devices compatible with Coin app:
- SentinelX BLE: It’s a Bluetooth device that has a 150-feet range. The device offers you consistent Coin token rewards boost and hand-free control. With this device, you can avail the SentinelX Sharing feature on Coin and earn a 10% boost on other people’s rewards. Since the device has a keychain-ready design, you can use it on the go and earn rewards while going to work or traveling for leisure.
- SentinelX NFC: It’s an NFC card that allows you to boost temporary Coin rewards. It’s waterproof, requires no batteries, and is ideal to be kept in the wallet.
Coin App Plans and Subscriptions
Coin app has a few plans suitable for users of all expertise. From basic to experienced users, there’s a plan for everyone.
Coin’s Basic Plan costs just $0 and is suitable for first-time users and beginners who are still getting the hang of geomining. Here are the features of the Basic plan:
- 1x Geomining Speed: In the Basic Plan, you get Coin’s regular geomining speed, which is ideal for beginners.
- Geomining Recharge Rate: Additionally, users get a Geomining Recharge Rate of 1x speed.
- Big Geomines: The users on Basic Plan have 1x likelihood of getting big Geomines.
The Pro plan is ideal for serious users who want to earn high rewards. It costs $34.95 per month and comes with the following features:
- 3x geomining and geomining recharge rate
- 3 times the likelihood of Big Geomines
- 12 times Geomining Rewards
- Geoclaim Bonus
- 3 times Background Reward Boost
- 3 times additional Geomining Rewards: Likewise, users get 1x geomining rewards on the basic plan.
- Bonus Drop Power: It earns bonus rewards for the user.
- Geoclaim Shield and Bonus: The Geoclaim shield keeps your rewards safe so that they cannot be claimed by other users.
The Plus plan is ideal for users who need something more than the Basic plan but don’t want to pay too much. It costs $24.95 per month and comes with the following features:
- 2x geomining and geomining recharge rate
- 2 times the likelihood of Big Geomines
- 12 times Geomining Rewards
- 2 times additional Geomining Rewards
- 2 times Bonus Drop Power
- 2 times Background Rewards Boost
- Geoclaim Shield and Bonus
To get the most out of your Coin plans, you can subscribe to their services.
With each subscription, your Geomining rates increase, allowing you to geomine at a higher level. Additionally, your chances of getting Big Geomines will increase, giving you a faster recharge rate.
Also, when you subscribe, you can unlock unique features, such as SentinelX Sharing. Moreover, you get access to Geoclaim Shields and other new features in the app.
Since all subscriptions run from month to month, you can cancel whenever you want. Or, you can change the subscription plan at any time.
How to Get Started?
Getting started with the Coin app is pretty simple as the app is readily available for Android and iOS for free. Till now, the app has been downloaded over a million times. Once you’ve downloaded the app, you have to set it up.
As you open the app for the first time, it will ask you to turn on location services. It’s necessary since the app needs to know your location to allow you to geomine.
Although you can geomine without creating an account, the developers recommend creating an account to keep the assets safe in your email address.
Once you’ve created your account, tap the pickaxe button on the screen. A blue ring will appear on the screen when you’re geomining on your quadtile. When you earn coins, they come into your account. You can keep track of your Coins from the counter on the top of the screen.
You can redeem your coins once you’ve collected 10,000 tokens. Apart from exchanging them with physical items, you can also trade them for cryptocurrency.
Pros of Coin App
The Coin app has the following upsides:
- Easy Earnings: The app allows you to earn digital currency and exchange it for digital or physical assets.
- Trade Cryptocurrency: Users can also use the Coin tokens earned through the app and trade them to get cryptocurrency.
- Reasonable Plans: The paid plans are still quite reasonable as compared to some other location-collecting sites that give little to no rewards in exchange for the users’ locations.
Cons of Coin App
Although the Coin app is a simple way to earn rewards, it has some shortcomings:
- Lacking Basic Plan: The Coin app’s Basic plan has some beginner features, but it’s lacking in most high-earning features.
Geomining might still be a novel concept for some people, but it’s definitely gathering hype. The Coin app is a reliable and straightforward way for users to geomine while also benefiting from plenty of other features, such as Shields and Bonuses.
However, do note that the Basic Plan – although free – lacks most advanced features. You can opt for it if you’re still contemplating whether geomining is for you or not. But once you’ve decided in its favor, it’s best to get a paid plan.