This post is sponsored by Mobilads and as always, all opinions are our own. We’re excited to partner with them as they will be launching campaigns for drivers across the United States and offer a great way to boost your monthly rideshare income!
How hungry are you for an additional revenue stream with no upfront costs? If I had the opportunity to work with mobilads back in 2016, I would certainly have jumped at the chance. You see, while you and I are driving around our cities and towns, our vehicles are seen by tens of thousands of people.
Think of all the people who are in cars around you. Think about all the pedestrians you drive by each and every day. Great companies want to reach all those people, and Mobilads matches you with them so you can earn some extra cash.
What is mobilads?
mobilads is a company based in New York that provides rideshare drivers with an opportunity to put an advertisement on your vehicle from which you can earn a substantial revenue stream. According to the company, they’ve wrapped over 1,000 vehicles this year and paid out over $300,000 to drivers in the US.
To earn money with mobilads, you need to do two simple things:
- Be willing to have an advertisement put on your car until the end of the campaign (usually 4, 8, or 12-week campaigns)
- Schedule an appointment and show up at their install location to have the advertisement installed
Overall, the process of having the ad put on your car only takes about 30 minutes for a wrap that covers your doors, and 4-5 hours for a wrap that covers the entire car. Once the car is outfitted with an ad, they’ll pay you half up front and the other half at the end of the campaign.
How Do I Sign Up?
They are currently running campaigns in Austin, Boston, and Salt Lake City. If you’re interested, you can check those campaigns out at the mobilads site here.
Just pop over to the link that matches your city and fill in the form. If your market does not have a campaign right now, don’t worry. New campaigns are going live all the time so you may be contacted in the future with an opportunity, you can sign up to be notified here.
How Much Money Can You Make with Mobilads?
There are two types of campaigns:
- Car Doors – The first option is to have the advertisement put on your car doors. If you go with this option, you will earn $200 to $250 per month.
- Full Car Wrap – The second option is to get a full wrap, meaning your entire car will be a mobile advertisement. This option pays significantly more at $500 per month.
Let’s say I could have earned an extra $500 per month. Just in my first three years, I could have earned an additional $18,000. Wow – that’s a lot of cash!
The feedback I’ve seen from them is great. Their Facebook site is full of positive reviews:
- Jamison Corley: The staff is awesome and they communicate with you. The ads are put on professionally and make you stand out in the crowd. I’ve done two campaigns and my passengers have really engaged in conversation and requested photos with my car. My rating has been five stars and tips have improved. I am looking forward to another campaign with you guys.
- Shani Grove: Easy installation and removal. Everyone was nice. Great little gig for extra $$. Great conversation starter too!
The best part of this gig is it doesn’t cost you anything to get started. mobilads will never ask you for money; they get their revenue from the advertisers, so the price of installing the ads on your car is worked into the equation. There are no upfront costs to join. mobilads will then pay you by your preferred payment method (Cashapp, Venmo, Zelle, or PayPal).
Are There Drawbacks to Mobilads?
The only drawback that I see is you might not be comfortable having an advertisement for Amazon or American Express on your car 24-7. I get that. Sometimes I don’t even like having the Uber and Lyft trade dress on my car. But if you told me that by enduring just a little bit of discomfort, I could pocket an extra $18,000 in 3 years, I’d say bring it on.
I really like this program. If I were still a full-time driver, I would definitely do this. It is simply too easy to make extra money. I would not care if I had Boost Mobile or Cleanly advertisement on my car if I was earning extra money each day.
Mobilads runs a very effective operation. The ads look good and are installed safely and quickly. If you happen to be in a market that has the mobilads program, be sure to check it out.
You can get started with mobilads here.
Isn’t it against Uber/Lyft’s Terms of Service to have a wrapped car?
It is okay to have a wrapped vehicle as an independent contractor for Uber/Lyft, but you may have trouble passing Uber and Lyft’s inspections. In this case, use a third party service like your local mechanic or a virtual service like Rideshare Mechanic, then wrap your car.
Readers, have you thought of putting advertisements on your car? Would you try mobilads?
Want More Tips? Deliver With DoorDashDashers receive tips on 97% of their deliveries. DoorDash has a tip button and encourages customers to setup "automatic" tips. Become a dasher here.
-Jay @ RSG