We know lots of drivers are shifting their attention – whether staying in the car and moving from delivering people to delivering groceries, or looking at options from home to keep earning, there are a lot of money making opportunities out there.
One of those new opportunities is Powur, the world’s first virtual solar energy company. The Powur platform allows you to work anywhere you want, when you want, and with the support you need to fulfill your projects with industry leading quality and speed.
If you’re interested in earning up to $3,500 per referral, check out our Powur Consultant review below.
Interested in learning more about becoming a Powur consultant? Fill out this short form and we will be in touch with you.
- Sign up for Powur – Refer friends and homeowners to solar, and get paid $3,500 per install with promo code RSG
- Learn more about Powur with an information session here
What is Powur?
Powur is the world’s first virtual solar energy company.
The platform allows you to work anywhere you want, when you want, and with the support you need to fulfill your projects with industry-leading quality and speed. Think Uber, but for solar sales.
Powur lets you refer homeowners to solar pros and earn a $3,500 commission if the customer purchases the system, no license required.
You can also refer other consultants to Powur and earn $550 per sale that your referrals make in their Revenue Share Program.
Consultants can work from anywhere, but Powur installations are currently available in most states, including:
- New Mexico
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- Washington, DC
- New Jersey
- Rhode Island
And many more coming soon.
What does Powur do for homeowners?
As a solar installer, Powur sells residential solar systems to homeowners. In markets where homeowners use a lot of energy, or energy is expensive, solar panels can save money, improve the value of a home and of course, improve the environment.
Customers can choose to purchase the system in cash, but often get a loan with zero money down.
The monthly cost of the loan is often less than the cost of energy for a month — so a homeowner can save money by installing the system on the roof, all while using energy their roof generates.
How Do You Make Money with Powur?
There are 3 basic ways to make money with Powur.
- Generate leads of homeowners interested in seeing if solar will save them money
- Once you’ve closed a few deals, you can generate leads and sell solar systems directly to homeowners (CA, IL and CT have a licensing requirement, most other states do not).
- You can refer other consultants to Powur – and when they close a deal, get a portion of the revenue generated.
- Powur is a private company and plans to go public. For completing different milestones, you can earn pre-IPO stock options.
You can choose to do any of all of the tasks above based on your skill set and interest level. Since it’s a national platform, you can refer and recruit anywhere in the country.
Powur Consultant Requirements
To become a Powur Consultant, you’ll need:
- To be at least 18 years old
- A computer or mobile phone with internet access
- To have a valid credit or debit card
- To have a US bank account to deposit commissions
How Much Can Powur Consultants Make?
Powur Consultants can earn a lot… but it can take a while. Since commissions are earned once systems are sold, there is no way to earn money right away. You need to get homeowner leads, have them meet with solar pros and decide solar is right for them.
Once a contract is signed, you get paid 40% of your commission. When the system is installed, you get the remaining 60%.
This can take 30-75 days in some states, and the installation rate in places like California have slowed due to COVID-19 and the permitting and inspection process. You can still make sales and get your 40% commission advance, but until things normalize, it will take some time.
There is no commission cap or limit, and for an average 10kw system on a California home, you’d earn:
- $3,500 if you refer a homeowner to a solar pro
- $7,000 if you find the homeowner AND sell them the system (this takes some practice)
So sell 1 homeowner a month, and you’ll earn ($3,500 * 12) = $42,000/yr.
You can also earn by referring other sales consultants. If you refer someone to Powur, and they sign up with your affiliate link, you earn on every deal they close, indefinitely, without a limit.
- $550 if your referral makes a sale
- Additional earning if your recruits actively refer others
Refer 5 friends, who refer 1 system a month, you’ll earn ($550 * 5 * 12) = $33,000/yr.
As you can see in the screenshot above, being active in the network pays. This is a screenshot of a mentor in the Powur world who comes from the solar industry but treats Powur as a side hustle.
Tips For New Powur Consultants
1. Take the training!
There’s daily training and coaching calls to teach you the best ways to run a solar business – from lead generation to sales to follow-up.
2. Start with your sphere of influence
This would be people you already know and who already like you. If solar makes sense for them, they’ll be more likely to want to support you and buy a system.
3. Ask for referrals
Your contacts may know people interested, and all these are free connections to you.
4. Build solar sales into interactions and assets you already have
Whether existing side hustles or your main gig, think about ways to use your network, audience or opportunities to meet new people. If you’re driving for Uber or Lyft and pickup a homeowner who might qualify, don’t be shy about mentioning that you’re also an expert in solar.
Pros and Cons of Being a Powur Consultant
- Flexible – Work as much or as little as you want
- Fully Bi-Lingual (Spanish Speakers actively wanted)
- Free daily training provided
- 100% Work from Home
- Large commissions on closed deals and referrals
- Green / pro-environment opportunity
- Refer a Friend Affiliate program and revenue share
- Equity options if this becomes the next Uber
- Platform fee to sign up and maintain an active profile ($99 one-time, $49/mo)
- Only paid on closed transactions, no hourly or other option to earn
- Generating leads takes time and there is a learning curve
How to Get Started as a Powur Consultant
If you’re looking to diversify your income and continue earning money in the gig economy, Powur is a great option to consider. Click here to sign up with the RSG promo code here.
Readers, have you tried Powur either as a consultant? Do you think you’d try out? Let me know in the comments below.
-Eli @ RSG
- Sign up for Powur – Refer friends and homeowners, and get paid $3,500 per install with promo code RSG
- Learn more about Powur with an information session here