Today I’m chatting with Jonah Bliss about a new conference I’m involved in: Curbivore! We’ll be talking about how the conference came to be, what the conference is about, and what you can expect to get from the conference.
Earn up to $25 an Hour with Instacart!Instacart is hiring like crazy right now and offering many perks to drivers, including no under 5 star ratings and more. Sign up here.
Announcing: Curbivore! On October 20th & 21st, Curbivore will bring together the world of restaurants & retail, civic tech, and mobility. Dive deep in immersive workshops that will teach you how to ready your business for the new normal of delivery & outdoor dining. Learn more about Curbivore here.
Intro to Jonah Bliss
- Transportation expert
- Also a food, curbs and delivery buff!
- Will be combining our shared interests to host Curbivore
Why the Curb?
- Name speaks to what we’re working on – intersection between the curb and commerce (eating, pick up, delivery, etc.)
- In the US, curb space is already pretty small
- Sidewalk space is always contested
- Roadways are also a challenge, curbs are the intersection between road and walking space
Development of the Curb
- Right now, we have the opportunity to determine how we want to use the curb
- People’s view of the curb has evolved since the pandemic began
- Some cities are managing the curbs well – looking at curbs holistically
- Converting street space into dining, parks, pedestrian-areas only
- Something for everyone
- Restaurants and retail featured – CEO of ChowNow, CEO of Mercado and many more
- Cities, food and technology
- These are topics people care about and want to learn more about
Intersection of Curb + Roadways
- Is there a way to balance cars and curb space?
- Provide people an alternative to congestion when the economy opens back up
- Going to be an uphill climb – cars are pretty cheap right now
- Balance between what people want and what they do
Curbivore Panels & Workshops
- Excited for day 1 of Curbivore
- CEO of ChowNow – interesting concept because it’s the anthesis of how most delivery platforms work
- People are attuned to local businesses – how can we support them?
- Curbivore is a great conference for delivery people, small business owners – goal is to provide connectivity to all of these groups
- Thanks to Jonah for coming on and talking about Curbivore!
- Interested in Curbivore? Make sure to visit Curbivore.co to learn more
- Curbivore.co to sign up – virtual conference is free!
- If you miss it, you can catch the recorded episodes too – so just make sure to sign up!