Our guest today needs no introduction – he is the CEO of Uber, Dara Khosrowshahi! Uber recently made a new announcement about expansions to the upfront pricing program, including more Trip Radar options, updates to the Uber Pro program, and much more. In this episode, we’ll chat about upfront fares for drivers, driver earnings, and you won’t want to miss what he has to say about Uber commission rates!
Uber Driver Improvements
- Expansion of upfront pricing
- Drivers will get to see more information about the fare, including destination
- Uber Crew
- Strings attached – goal is to remove some of those restrictions
Independent Contractor Status
- Drivers are ICs
- Looking to build more independence into the system
- Trip Radar one of those results
- Weren’t planning on Trip Radar but saw that it would work
- With the new updates, drivers will get paid the same
- Drivers will have more information than before
- Uber estimates using the Utilization Rate
Gas Prices + Driver Expenses
- Cash rewards for Diamond members (Uber Pro)
- Discounts on gas
- Uber driver statement – transparency in expenses
- Fair commission? 20%!
- Insurance costs are huge
What More Could Uber Do for Drivers?
- Driver safety
- If background checks on passengers, no pax
- Want to be the safest platform out there