Earn Free Gift Cards For Uploading ReceiptsFetch Rewards is an extremely popular cash back app that is growing like crazy right now and this app offers plenty of opportunities to earn cash back on everyday things you buy from ANY store. Sign up here or read our review.
Get started as a gig worker today! Learn more:
- Is driving for Doordash worth it?
- Postmates Driver Pay
- Instacart Shopper Pay
- Uber Eats Driver Review
- Best food delivery service to work for
- Rideshare insurance
Could you imagine waking up one day, getting ready to go to work only to log on and find out you’ve been fired? Worst of all, there’s no reason – no poor performance review, no incidents – nothing! That’s what it’s like for some rideshare drivers who are unfairly deactivated, but now there’s a law firm that will help drivers fight these deactivations. In this episode, I talk to Bryant Greening of LegalRideshare about what’s going on, the service LegalRideshare provides, and my own tips for drivers to avoid these deactivations.
Intro to Bryant Greening
- Attorney and co-founder of LegalRideshare
- LegalRideshare represents rideshare drivers and delivery workers in car accident and injury claims
- Also represents drivers who have been unfairly deactivated
- Mainly handles: accidents, deactivations, safety
What’s Going on with Driver Deactivations?
- It’s a serious step when a driver approaches LegalRideshare – they’re involving a lawyer
- Losing your income is serious!
- Drivers are approaching LegalRideshare to figure out what happened – why were they deactivated?
- Another big issue: false accusations – delivery drivers made the delivery but customers are saying they never received it
How Can Drivers Protect Themselves?
- Getting a dash camera – one of the most important things for any driver on the road, including delivery drivers!
- Document everything – photos of the delivery drop off, the address, etc.
- Tips for getting reactivated? Find customer support managers in your city using LinkedIn!
- Contact the media – what’s sensational about your story?
The Deactivation Appeal Process
- Persistence pays off! Demand an explanation as to why you were deactivated
- Make it so they can’t forget you – more likely to get some traction
- But don’t be a jerk! Be memorable for being polite, realize you’re talking to a human, there’s no vendetta against you
- Keep it short and sweet
Deactivation Letters from LegalRideshare
- Innovative process from LegalRideshare
- LegalRideshare takes the driver’s story and writes a letter to Uber (or Lyft or other gig platform) – gets in front of decision-makers
- This is getting drivers reactivated!
- Drivers get full clarity as to what happened – why were they deactivated?
- Working closely with a company called Kover
- If you’re deactivated or in an accident, Kover will help supplement your income
- Looking to partner with other companies in the community – goal is to help drivers!
- Thanks to Bryant for coming on the podcast, and for the team at LegalRideshare for all their hard work for drivers
- Really appreciate all the work they’re doing for drivers – they’ve consistently been excellent and driver-focused
- They’re great advocates for drivers – helping drivers in person, providing news and tips, and more