In this episode, I’m chatting with Tiya Gordon about electrification at the curb! I think this is an excellent topic for rideshare drivers, given the time we spend in our cars, driving, etc. That’s why I’ve made it a priority to cover more electric vehicle content in 2023 and beyond – which is why I can’t wait for you to check out this episode!
Intro to Tiya Gordon
- Co-founder of itselectric
- Curbside charging for the 40 million drivers who park on the street
- 20 years of experience in design and operations
- Plans to spend the next 20 years on projects that use design to combat the climate crisis
What’s the Current State of Charging?
- Different types of charging availability – Level 2 not fast enough
- Ok for people who use EVs daily and have easy access to home chargers, not the case for others
- There are regional solutions, and those are helpful
- But this leaves out many people, particularly in urban areas
What is itselectric and How Does it Work?
- Curbside charger with a detachable cord
- Focused on dense, on-street parking
- Itselectric can install in 9 days, vs average time of 9 months to install
- Revenue share back to them (electric bill does not go up)
The Future for itselectric
- Attending Curbivore 2023!
- Will have prototypes for people to see, interact with
- Pilot in NYC – Brooklyn spring of 2023
- Looking for rideshare drivers who live in this area to sign up!
Axios Article: EV chargers are easier to find in white, wealthy neighborhoods