In this episode, I’m chatting with Nick Adler, the Chief Operating Officer of Found, a banking and tax app created with small-business owners, freelancers, and the self-employed in mind.
Nick is helping to build a modern financial platform for one of the largest underserved segments in the U.S. economy – the self-employed worker!
Found is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services are provided by Piermont Bank, Member FDIC.
Intro To Nick Adler
- Previous Head of Market Operations for Caviar
- Chief Operating Officer at Found
- Career spans restaurant and retail spaces
- Banking, bookkeeping, and taxes built specifically for gig workers
- Serve as a checking account for these folks
- Deposit your earnings into a Found bank account
- Can help gig workers save for taxes by showing how much to withhold for taxes
- Adding a cash back option
Common Challenges for Gig Workers
- Not knowing where to go for answers – who to trust?
- Tax confusion – do you need to pay quarterly?
- Have a separate bank account – don’t comingle business with personal expenses
Listeners can go to found.com/rideshare and get $25 when they open a new Found account if they spend at least $100 within the first 30 days.