Along with creating great content, one of the most important parts about starting a business is getting your name out there. If I wrote the best rideshare articles and recorded the most amazing podcast episodes but no one ever read or listened to them, that would be kind of a waste right? Well as you may be aware, I’m always looking for opportunities to get the word out about my site and rideshare in general and this episode is no different.
I actually reached out to John Lee Dumas of Entrepreneur On Fire a few months ago and gave him a little pitch as to why I would be a great guest on his show. Not only did he agree to have me on, but he also asked if he could come on my show. Done and done! On today’s podcast, I’ve got a great interview with John where we dig into his thoughts on the state of rideshare and pick his brain to figure out how drivers can be better entrepreneurs.
John has interviewed hundreds of the most successful entrepreneurs in the world and I was honored to have him on the show. I hope you guys will enjoy this interview as much as I did.
- Interview swap with John Lee Dumas of Entrepreneur On Fire!
- How does JLD do a 7 day a week podcast?
- What will our next podcast be about?
All About John Lee Dumas
- Huge supporter of rideshare and the sharing economy in general
- Used to be a realtor, was driving a lot and that’s when he discovered podcasts
- 7 day a week podcast epiphany
- Best of iTunes in 2013
- Consistently produces $250,000 a month in revenue
Finding Your Entrepreneurial Niche
- Proof of Concept
- Unique Selling Proposition
- Add your personality
- Hard workers will always be your best drivers
- Why John refuses to take a taxi
- How to go beyond just being a rideshare driver
John’s Rideshare Experience
- Driver’s reaction when they hear about EOF
- No money exchanged and no staring at the meter
- Will John be Sidecar’s newest passenger?
- Lots of innovation: Lyftline and Uberpool
Tips For Drivers
- Ice breakers are nice
- See where the conversation goes and don’t force anything
- Extras are really nice and the reciprocity factor will kick in
- Take a ride as a passenger
- The WOW factor and how to WOW your customers
- How John wows his customers
- Thinking outside of the box
- How to find that long term value
Our Next Podcast
Our next podcast will tie in very nicely with this episode since it’s all about being an entrepreneur! We will be interviewing a bunch of drivers who have side businesses that they promote while driving for Lyft and Uber. Just another way that drivers are thinking outside of the box and leveraging their rideshare career to diversify their income streams. If you’d like to be notified when that podcast goes live, please subscribe to our e-mai list.
- EOF470: Saul of Hearts
- “Try not to become a man of success, but rather become a man of value” -Albert Einstein
- John’s site: EOFire.com
- My appearance on John’s show
Drivers what do you think about John’s interview on our show? Is there anything you can do to think outside of the box or really ‘WOW’ your passengers and provide that ultimate value?
Burnt Out Talking To Passengers? Deliver Food With Caviar!Click to Sign-up!
-The Rideshare Guy
Latest posts by Harry Campbell (see all)
- Steps Lyft & Uber Drivers Should Take After a Car Accident - March 22, 2019
- RSG090: Tim Lee Updates us on the True State of Self-Driving Car Technology! - March 19, 2019
- What Would Happen to Uber & Lyft if the Economy Went Downhill? - March 18, 2019