I’ve been dreaming about this day for a while and now it’s finally here. Today on the podcast, I make a huge announcement that will change my life forever and might just be a good thing for my audience too. This change has been a long time coming and it’s something I’m excited about but it also makes me nervous.
Spoiler alert: if you want to be surprised, then click play right now, otherwise scroll down and you’ll see what my big announcement is!
- Uber’s new vehicle age requirement
- Maintenance with YourMechanic
- House of Cards Season 3 🙂
- I quit my job!
Why I Left My Day Job
- A calculated risk
- I’ve been working full time since I graduated in 2009
- Engineering is not something that I love or that I was passionate about
- Creating multiple streams of income through my blog, freelance writing, and more
- I see potential and a TON of opportunity
My Vision Now That I’m Self-Employed
- Keeping up with the podcasts
- 5-6 articles every single week
- Youtube channel
- Keeping my voice as the site grows and becomes more popular
- Drive more!
- Monetization strategies on my site
- YourMechanic as my main affiliate partner
- Amazon Links
Consulting & Partnerships
- Helping out my buddy Rez at R3Z Solutions
- There is a huge disconnect between companies like Lyft/Uber and their workers
- Aligning myself with companies that have similar views/values
My New Writing Job
- Contributing author for Forbes
- Covering Uber, Lyft and the sharing/on-demand economy
- My Forbes Author Bio
- 5 articles/mo or more
- Avoiding conflicts of interest and being super transparent
- I want to help empower drivers
- Building a sense of community and helping people out
- Blogging is a lot more meaningful than my day job and much more rewarding
- Let me know what you’re struggling with and I’ll make it happen
- Uber is now accepting 2000 or newer in most major markets
- Lyft drivers can get $500 when they sign up with Uber and do one ride.
- Get an oil change from YourMechanic at your house for only $20 with the code ‘RSG15’.
- Rental Car arbitrage
- The RSG Youtube Channel
- Brian’s Youtube Channel
- My Amazon Link
- RSG Webinar on 3/16
- My Forbes Author Bio
Drivers, what do you think about my decision to leave my day job? Do you think it’s smart to follow your passion even if it means your income may take a temporary hit?
Need a car to drive with Uber? Try FAIRCA drivers: Fair is the official vehicle partner for Uber and is a great option for drivers in need of an eligible rideshare vehicle. Click here to sign-up! Not a California driver? Fair has options nationwide, and you can sign up here and get $100 off the start-up fee when you use the code 'RSG100'.
-Harry @ RSG