Nowadays, we’re all really busy: work, family, running our own businesses – and that’s on top of staying safe and healthy. Today I’ll be talking to a driver, railroad mechanic, podcaster – and a family man with 4 kids himself! We’re going to learn how he balances all of that while staying sane and enjoying what he’s doing.
Earn up to $25 an Hour with Instacart!Instacart is hiring like crazy right now and offering many perks to drivers, including no under 5 star ratings and more. Sign up here.
Get started as a gig worker today! Learn more:
- Is driving for Doordash worth it?
- Postmates Driver Pay
- Instacart Shopper Pay
- Uber Eats Driver Review
- Best food delivery service to work for - Rideshare insurance
Check out this episode’s sponsor, Kover. Get benefits as a gig worker, like income guarantees, sick leave, accident protection, legal assistance and more. They’ll also help you out if you get deactivated and have plans that start at just $7 a month. Use our link here to get your first month with Kover free!
Intro to Alec Lace
- Uber and Lyft driver on Jersey Shore
- Has been driving for over 5 years
- We’re going to talk about fatherhood and lessons he’s learned
- Has 4 children, plus his job + driving + being a podcaster
Driving for Uber and Lyft
- Joined Uber and Lyft 5 years ago
- Started driving as a taxi driver first at age 19
- Uses driving for quick cash on the side
- Uses driving to promote his podcast – advertising tool
First Class Fatherhood
- Talks to passengers about his podcast organically
- Reads the attitude of the passenger – if interested, Alec will play an episode of his podcast
- Helps that he’s had some famous people on the podcast, like Tom Brady!
- Interviewed Tom Brady at the Super Bowl
His Secret to Balancing Everything
- Never start the day until he has it finished
- Schedule it out and pre-plan the day
- Knows what he needs to accomplish every day – key things that are important
- Be present where you are – when you’re working, work. When you’re with your family, actually be with them
Balancing Work + Family
- When he was only looking to make money, he found himself doing things he didn’t want to do
- Didn’t bring him happiness
- Podcast at first didn’t bring in money – did it out of joy
- Now it brings in income – and a book deal
- Shift in philosophy and how he views things
What’s One Thing You’ve Picked Up from Driving That You’ve Applied to Your Life?
- Become a counselor to young people while driving
- Enjoys being a mentor while driving
- Communication skills – talking to thousands of people has honed his skills
- Big thanks to Alec for coming on the podcast and sharing his expertise on fatherhood and life!
- Enjoyed chatting with him and appreciated the lessons he shared from his guests
- Check out his podcast – he’s interviewed some fascinating people!