Nowadays, we’re all really busy: work, family, running our own businesses – and that’s on top of staying safe and healthy. Today I’ll be talking to a driver, railroad mechanic, podcaster – and a family man with 4 kids himself! We’re going to learn how he balances all of that while staying sane and enjoying what he’s doing.
Earn Free Gift Cards For Uploading ReceiptsFetch Rewards is an extremely popular cash back app that is growing like crazy right now and this app offers plenty of opportunities to earn cash back on everyday things you buy from ANY store. Sign up here or read our review.
Get started as a gig worker today! Learn more:
- Is driving for Doordash worth it?
- Postmates Driver Pay
- Instacart Shopper Pay
- Uber Eats Driver Review
- Best food delivery service to work for
- Rideshare insurance
Check out this episode’s sponsor, Kover. Get benefits as a gig worker, like income guarantees, sick leave, accident protection, legal assistance and more. They’ll also help you out if you get deactivated and have plans that start at just $7 a month. Use our link here to get your first month with Kover free!
Intro to Alec Lace
- Uber and Lyft driver on Jersey Shore
- Has been driving for over 5 years
- We’re going to talk about fatherhood and lessons he’s learned
- Has 4 children, plus his job + driving + being a podcaster
Driving for Uber and Lyft
- Joined Uber and Lyft 5 years ago
- Started driving as a taxi driver first at age 19
- Uses driving for quick cash on the side
- Uses driving to promote his podcast – advertising tool
First Class Fatherhood
- Talks to passengers about his podcast organically
- Reads the attitude of the passenger – if interested, Alec will play an episode of his podcast
- Helps that he’s had some famous people on the podcast, like Tom Brady!
- Interviewed Tom Brady at the Super Bowl
His Secret to Balancing Everything
- Never start the day until he has it finished
- Schedule it out and pre-plan the day
- Knows what he needs to accomplish every day – key things that are important
- Be present where you are – when you’re working, work. When you’re with your family, actually be with them
Balancing Work + Family
- When he was only looking to make money, he found himself doing things he didn’t want to do
- Didn’t bring him happiness
- Podcast at first didn’t bring in money – did it out of joy
- Now it brings in income – and a book deal
- Shift in philosophy and how he views things
What’s One Thing You’ve Picked Up from Driving That You’ve Applied to Your Life?
- Become a counselor to young people while driving
- Enjoys being a mentor while driving
- Communication skills – talking to thousands of people has honed his skills
- Big thanks to Alec for coming on the podcast and sharing his expertise on fatherhood and life!
- Enjoyed chatting with him and appreciated the lessons he shared from his guests
- Check out his podcast – he’s interviewed some fascinating people!