Remember the good old days of rideshare driving? Drivers would be happy to pick up passengers, provide water, and have reliably consistent earnings. It’s not like that as much nowadays – but one company is seeking to change that.
Deliver Food With Doordash!
- Available in over 4,000 cities in the U.S., Canada, and Australia
- Earn extra money for your goals
- Work wherever and whenever you want
Click here to sign up and get started today.
Get started as a gig worker today! Learn more:
- Is driving for Doordash worth it?
- Postmates Driver Pay
- Instacart Shopper Pay
- Uber Eats Driver Review
- Best food delivery service to work for
- Rideshare insurance
In this episode, I’m chatting with Will Coleman of Alto about redefining rideshare, including Alto’s employee-drivers, their “elevated rideshare experience” and more.
Intro to Will Coleman & Alto
- Founder and CEO of Alto
- Affordable premium rideshare service in Dallas, TX
- Segment of the population that wants to pay more for a better experience
- Passengers know they’re going to get a consistent experience, drivers know they get consistent earnings as well
- Since 2020, Alto has raised even more money – safety resonates with people!
- Taking more share from competitors – this is a specialized niche
- There’s a market for safety for passengers and drivers, too
- Setting themselves up for leapfrog opportunity
- Direct impacts to business – labor shortage, vehicle shortage and price
- Independent contractor vs. employee benefits
- Tracking the debate on driver benefits across the country
- Execution is one of the most important things
Electric Vehicles & Rideshare
- An important part of Alto’s future
- Evaluating cars right now
- Building infrastructure comes next
- Alto will have chargers on-site, makes it easier on drivers
- Keeping an eye on competitors
- Welcome more competition in the space
- Some have announced services similar to Alto
Future of the Rideshare Landscape
- 3-5 years: national, household name
- US expansion
- In all major metro areas
- Disruption is not over!
- Thank you to Will for coming on the podcast!
- I tried not to cover too much of what we covered in the past (check out episode 126 for that!) but instead we focused on Alto’s growth and expansion
- Competition is good – always better for drivers!