There are plenty of options for scooters and bikeshares in major cities, but what about smaller, underserved cities and towns? It can take a lot of money to get a scooter or bikeshare company off the ground, and in today’s episode, I talk to Vince Cifani of Joyride about making it easier to get these companies launched. We’ll also talk about what it takes to start a scooter company, how Joyride helps on the software side, and more.
Interested in starting your own scooter business? Reach out to me at Harry[at]therideshareguy.com for an introduction or reach out to Joyride and Vince at the links below – let them know The Rideshare Guy sent you for special pricing!
Intro to Vince Cifani
- Founder and CEO of Joyride
- Avid cyclist
- Joyride helps companies launch, manage and scale their scooter and bike sharing platforms
- Companies initially interested in Joyride for the software – not hardware!
- Initially began as a bike sharing platform but has evolved
- In more than 150 cities
- Bikes, scooters, and continues to grow
- Provides white label mobile app, partners in the insurance space as well
Characteristics of Successful Operators
- Can be profitable within the first year
- Having good operational teams
- Hard workers and loyal customer bases
- Keeping prices fair and having a good brand
Unique Operators in the Space
- Fleet manager model – Goat
- Operator in CT – Lynx City – long term rentals
- Companies that work with amusement parks!
- Work with businesses, hotels for micromobility companies
- Some focus on the campus space only
- Different ways to work with companies in niches
Future for Joyride
- Build out more on-demand tools
- Get operators into 10,000 cities around the world
- Goal to make this type of business more turn key and affordable
- Expanding industry know-how
- Thank you to Vince for coming on the podcast and sharing with us how to start and operate a successful micromobility company!
- So many people have reached out to me over the years to start their own fleets, so I wanted to highlight Joyride as an option
- Let Joyride know you heard about them from The Rideshare Guy – links below in the show notes