Here’s what you need to know about Harry’s conversation with Emil and how you can watch and listen!
What to Expect
- Emil Michael discusses Instacart’s recent IPO and highlights several key points:
- Core revenue growth and the fees Instacart takes after paying the grocer.
- Ad growth and the rise of advertising in the industry.
- Challenges such as out-of-stock items, inhibitors to growth, and overall pricing and cost.
- The discussion touches on potential growth areas for Instacart, including vertical integration and product changes.
- Instacart’s competition, including Amazon and Walmart, is explored, with a focus on their different customer bases and strategies.
- Emil Michael also talks about the challenges of operating in the grocery industry, known for low margins but high average order values.
- The podcast delves into the process of going public, including the road show, investor presentations, and goals in the road show.
- The CEO change at Instacart from Apporva Mehta to Fidji Simo in July 2021 and the drop in valuation from $39 billion to a $9 billion IPO target are discussed.
- The episode ends with final thoughts and a call to check out the show notes and subscribe to the email list for updates.
Overall, the podcast provides valuable insights into the Instacart IPO, the challenges and opportunities in the grocery delivery industry, and the dynamics of going public.
Why You Should Listen
If you want to gain deep insights into the rideshare and mobility industry, this episode is your golden ticket.
Harry interviews Emil Michael, a renowned investor and strategic advisor with a wealth of experience in high-growth companies, including Uber. Together, they delve into the Instacart IPO, exploring its core revenue growth, advertising strategies, and the challenges and opportunities in the grocery delivery market. With Emil’s expertise and Harry’s insightful questions, this episode promises a deep dive into the intricacies of the industry and the future of Instacart.
If you’re interested in the future of the gig economy and tech-driven disruptions in the grocery industry, this episode is a must-listen. So, hit the road with Harry and Emil, and join the conversation that shapes the future of mobility and delivery services.
RSG 243: Watch The Podcast on YouTube
Make sure you subscribe so you don’t miss an episode, and leave a comment letting us know what you think!
Listen on Apple or Spotify
And if you want to support the show, we’d greatly appreciate a review!