Best Gig Economy & On Demand Jobs to Sign Up For
Disclosure: this page contains affiliate links.
If you’re looking for..
A flexible job and also interested in becoming self employed and being in control of your own schedule, we have good news for you.
The gig economy is booming and hiring like crazy!
Below we’ve listed new driver incentives, sign up bonuses, promo codes, referral codes, invite codes, and coupon codes for the best rideshare and delivery companies to sign up for.
- Part I. Ridesharing with Uber and Lyft
- Part II. Delivering food with Doordash, Uber Eats, Postmates, Instacart, and Caviar
- Part III. Bonus free credits
Part I) Drive for Uber, Lyft, and Via
Click here to Sign Up for Uber using our affiliate link
Uber Guaranteed Earnings
Uber’s new driver sign up bonus, more commonly known as Uber guaranteed earnings, is a promotion that guarantees you to earn a certain amount once you’ve completed the required number of trips. Learn more here.
For Uber, this is how the process might be in your city: sign up with this referral code, then get an email from Uber saying you’re guaranteed to earn $500 once you’ve completed 100 rides. This means no matter what, once you’ve given 100 rides, you will make $500.
You could either make $500 by giving those 100 rides, or you could make $300 giving 100 rides and Uber gives you an additional $200 to get you up to $500. If you don’t give the required number of rides, you won’t get the guaranteed bonus. If you make more than $500 giving 100 rides, Uber won’t give you any extra money.
Retroactive Uber Referral Code
Uber does allow for retroactive referrals within 15 days of activation so if you didn’t sign up with a referral code, you can contact Uber through the driver app to get it added. Go to Account -> Help -> Payments and Rewards -> Driver Referrals -> Report a missing driver referral. Uber may ask for:
- Name: Harry Campbell
- Uber e-mail: [email protected]
- Uber phone #: 310-428-2765
Or contact Uber and let them know you signed up but forgot to enter my code (3e3dg) and wanted to confirm the bonus. Please e-mail me if you have any questions about the process. I want to ensure that you get signed up successfully.
If you’re unsure whether to sign up for Lyft or Uber first, we recommend signing up for Lyft first, then signing up for Uber.
Click here to sign up for Lyft using our affiliate link
Here’s How to Drive for Lyft:
If you want to get your new Lyft driver sign up bonus, you can get started by signing up using this referral link. Lyft’s bonuses go all the way up to $1,000 but you can only get it if you use a referral link like this one. If you’re curious, you can contact Lyft to find out what the current bonus is, but once you sign up for Lyft you’ll get a confirmation e-mail with the bonus amount and terms.
How the Lyft Sign Up Bonus Works:
Lyft recently changed its sign up bonus structure so that new Lyft drivers can earn on a per-ride basis vs. an all-or-nothing structure. In other words, you’ll receive a few extra dollars for every ride you complete in your first month, up to a certain amount. This change means that new drivers will earn their bonuses incrementally, instead of in an all-or-nothing structure. And these per ride bonuses are on top of your ride earnings.
More importantly, let’s say you’re only able to accomplish 90% of your “required rides” bonus. Does this mean you get nothing? Not with Lyft! With Lyft, you’ll still be paid 90% of the bonus offered in your city. That way you still get something extra for all the work you put in.
Lyft Retroactive Referral Code
Unfortunately there is not a way to retroactively add a referral code to Lyft like you can with Uber. You need to sign up with someone’s code/link the first time in order to get a bonus. I know…annoying.
Driving for Via is pretty efficient. You get paid to shuttle multiple passengers on predetermined popular routes. So you only stop to pick-up and drop-off on specific corners. These shared rides pay well.
Via allows many drivers to choose between hourly pay or a per-trip pay model. We’ve found that Via driver earn more than other drivers in New York City.
Related Article: How to make more money while driving for Uber and Lyft
Prefer a schedule that allows you to work weekdays and be home for your kids in the afternoon and evenings? Check out Zum! – Pickup high-paying fares during slow hours. Drive kids to school/activities on weekday mornings and afternoons. Set your own schedule and get ride assignments one day in advance. Apply to drive.
Part II) Deliver Food
Doordash is still one of the best ways to earn money on the side!
Doordash is exclusively focused on food delivery and provides a relatively predictable restaurant to home to different restaurant to different home delivery experience. Click here to get started delivering for Doordash using our affiliate link. DoorDash tips and tricks review
2) Uber Eats
Tired of delivering people? Deliver food! Uber Eats is the meal delivery version of Uber. This service also has a sole focus on food delivery, just like Doordash.
The sign up bonus for Uber Eats can vary. Many drivers have found UberEats to be very profitable. Click here to use our affiliate link to get your sign up bonus and start delivering for UberEats. Introduction to Uber Eats
Want a little more variety? Postmates offers restaurant delivery as well as a handful of non-food retailers, like Best Buy and Walgreens. You may deliver spicy food, and a few hours later, deliver antacids to the same address!
With Instacart, your delivering groceries so customers can cook their own meals! Fulfill grocery lists and other consumables at locations like supermarkets and Costco. Each shift involves fewer but more detailed orders than what you’d see for other meal delivery services. There’s a lot of active shelf-searching and not-too-ripe banana checking.
Known for it’s flexible work schedule and the ability to pick and choose which deliveries you take, Caviar is a food delivery app in more than a dozen major cities throughout the US.
What’s the best food delivery app to work for?
We’ve covered this topic a couple of times:
Part III) Free Credit Promo Codes
- GetUpside promo code for new members (never pay full price for gas again!)
Food & Shopping
- Free Doordash credit for new customers
- Free Instacart credit for grocery delivery
- Free Uber Eats credit for new customers
- Free Grubhub credit for new customers
These are the best cash back apps with sign up bonuses.
- Ibotta promo code: cash back at stores like Walmart and Target
- Fetch Rewards promo code: cash back at groceries
- Dosh referral code: cash back at stores, restaurants, and hotels
- GetUpside app review: cash back on gas and food
- Freebird promo code: cash back on Uber and Lyft
- Freebird app review for new riders
- Free Wingz credit for new passengers (airport transportation)
- Free Uber credit for new passengers
- Free Lyft credit for new passengers
- Free Bird Scooters credit for new riders
Home cleaning, chores, etc.
- How to rent a car for a gig economgy job
- How to make more money as an Uber or Lyft driver
- If you would like help with taxes, we recommend using the Stride Tax software
- If you’re a rideshare driver that would like to make more money, add the Cargo Box Snack Vending Machine to your car
- Read our Essential Gear Guide for Uber drivers and Lyft drivers for ideas on gadgets you might need while driving
- 12 Must Have Apps for Uber and Lyft Drivers
- 8 Best Apps to Track Mileage for Tax Deductions
- Best Credit Cards with Rewards for Uber Drivers
- Insurance for Rideshare Drivers by State
- Software and Services for Uber & Lyft Drivers
- Resources for Uber and Lyft Drivers
- Things Every Rideshare Driver Should Have in their Car