Earn Free Gift Cards For Uploading ReceiptsFetch Rewards is an extremely popular cash back app that is growing like crazy right now and this app offers plenty of opportunities to earn cash back on everyday things you buy from ANY store. Sign up here or read our review.
Get started as a gig worker today! Learn more:
- Is driving for Doordash worth it?
- Postmates Driver Pay
- Instacart Shopper Pay
- Uber Eats Driver Review
- Best food delivery service to work for
- Rideshare insurance
What if you could make money on trips you’re already taking – dropping packages off, for instance, when you’re already on your way somewhere else? In this episode, I chat with the CEO of Roadie about exactly this. We’ll talk about what Roadie is, how Roadie drivers are different, and how Roadie handled COVID.
Intro to Marc Gorlin
- Founder and CEO of Roadie
- Sees Roadie as a side hustle to someone’s side hustle
- Truly geared to people who want to do something part time
- Why not use extra room in people’s cars, for instance, to transport things – and those people get paid!
What is Roadie?
- The nation’s first “on the way” crowdsourced delivery platform
- Community of 200k drivers
- Pays people who are already heading one way to deliver something along the way
- People deliver everything from cupcakes to couches
How Does Roadie Work?
- Providing excellent service to customers relies on crowdsourcing
- You might be able to do cupcakes today, and someone else can do couches tomorrow
- Drivers have the flexibility to pick and choose what they want to accept
- Drivers can also consolidate delivery gigs
What Can Drivers Expect When Driving for Roadie?
- Average payouts range from $8-20, but up to the $100s depending on what and where you’re delivering
- Per mile or per hour is what is considered
- Pick up and drop off – challenges on both ends, including getting the items from stores
- Some orders are same day, others are prescheduled into the future
- Expansion into other markets
- Need to put yourself in the drivers’ shoes
- A lot to consider to make it efficient for both the driver and the customer
- Still considering on-demand market
- Thanks to Marc for coming on the podcast and talking all about what it’s like at Roadie
- I wanted to chat with Marc because I see last mile delivery as a huge and accelerating opportunity
- Big sectors of the on-demand and mobility landscape